Down Flying Through the Air? Don't Despair
Down comforter repair is easy and cost effective. All About Down® offers a variety of services that can extend the life of your existing down comforter.
We Wash Your Down Comforter Before Working on It - Our expert Cleaning Service washes your comforter at additional cost so it will be fresh and odor-free. Our washing requirement protects your and other customers' down items by keeping our workspace clean. Additionally, washing fluffs up the existing down in your comforter.
“Things Fall Apart…”, the Comforter Has Holes
- Patching One Hole: Perhaps one corner of your comforter was happily chewed upon by an enthusiastic Labrador puppy. Upon discovering the damage, you may be slightly less enthusiastic. Never mind. This is an easy patch at an economical price because the damage is confined to a discrete area. The color of the fabric patch will be the closest possible match that won’t show when the comforter is in its duvet cover. We can also add more down if any was lost.
- Patching Many Holes: You may have a host of little holes over a much wider area. Perhaps the comforter was used (gasp) without a duvet cover and the fabric wore out. Whatever the reason, we don’t judge. But we will offer you advice based on our expertise. If there are many, widespread holes, depending on their number and location, we will recommend re-covering your down comforter.
The Size is Right…Or It Can Be
- Trimming a Down Comforter - This can be tricky because a comforter so willingly conforms to a duvet cover. Before assuming it must cut smaller, try putting your comforter inside the cover. You may find that the too-large comforter fits just fine. In fact, we recommend that a down comforter be larger than its duvet cover. However, if you don’t want to use a cover, or the comforter is much too large, we can take a slice off the side and roll hem it closed. We can’t re-insert piping.
- Enlarging a Down Comforter - If you like everything about your existing comforter but want it to be larger, we can add a panel on one side. The color will be the possible closest match. If your comforter must be larger in width plus height, then re-covering gives the best results.
White Sandy Beaches? or White Mountain Passes?Use our Down Comforter Fill Weights Chart to describe the difference between the down comforter you have and the down comforter of your dreams.
- Down Comforter Too Cold?: All About Down® can add more high quality 800-900 power goose down quality to your comforter. Afterwards, if necessary, we can top-stitch the comforter into squares to prevent the down from shifting.
- Down Comforter Too Warm?- All About Down® can usually remove down from your entire comforter, or on just a single side to accommodate one overly warm sleeper. We can use it to make a pillow or we will bag it up for you to take home. We cannot buy used down.
Save on Shipping With a FedEx Label From All About Down®
- Save 20-40% on the cost of mailing a down item to All About Down® by sending us the box dimensions, plus your address, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Knowing the approximate weight of your box is helpful but less important.
- You will receive a shipping label via email from FedEx which you are free to use or discard. You can print it at home and tape it on your box, or take your box to a FedEx office where they can scan your phone and print a label for you. You will not be charged until we return your comforter. (We do not sell your information or use it for a mailing list.)
- Of course, we accept packages from all shipping services including U.S. Postal Service, UPS or your own FedEx label.
|Down Comforter Repair|
|Use these prices to estimate how much your comforter will cost. We will give you a final price when we examine your down item.|
|PATCH HOLE (it may be necessary to re-cover a comforter if there are many dispersed holes)||$35 - $50|
|TRIM COMFORTER||$65 - $85|
|ENLARGE COMFORTER (does not include additional down)||$125 - $200|
|700-800 FILL POWER GOOSE DOWN||$11/oz|
|Cleaning Down Comforter|
|CRIB, LAP & THROW SIZE||$36|
|EURO or TWIN SIZE||$40|
|FULL or QUEEN SIZE||$44|
|SPOT CLEANING||$5 - $15|