The goose down used by All About Down® has been ethically and responsibly sourced throughout the supply chain as audited by the International Down and Feather Laboratory. All birds are guaranteed to be treated in accordance with Brambell’s five freedoms of animal welfare.
These five freedoms are:
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by providing ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express (most) normal behaviour by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment that avoid mental suffering.